June 28, 2022
Above the Notch Community School is excited to offer the following during the NEW Summer Session!
Our Adult Diploma Program will have the following courses available for credit.
- Edmentum – online classes that you can access from anywhere
- Drones with GIS Technology - Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) and Geospatial Technology GIS Summer Session - This course provides students with an introduction to unmanned aerial systems (drones) and geospatial technologies. Through hands-on experiences, participants will learn the proper procedures for operating drones safely and within established federal regulations. Participants will also engage in geospatial data collection and analysis using the ArcGIS system. This inquiry-based course will emphasize hands-on field work and student-designed projects aligned with competencies reflecting industry applications. Participants will be provided access to all necessary software and equipment.
- Permaculture Basics - This course introduces the three ethics of permaculture (Earth Care, People Care, and Fair Share) in an experiential education setting. Classes will be held on-campus at Above the Notch as well as out in the field at local farms, nurseries, and businesses. Students will design their own investigations to explore permaculture ethics and will demonstrate their learning with a presentation of their choice at the end of the course. Students should anticipate dealing with heat and sun, insects, and potential rain showers. Boots, a water bottle, and a folding chair are suggested, but not required.
- Dates are as follows – August 1,2,3,4,(5) optional, 8,9,10,11, (12) optional
- Times – 9:00 – 12:00 pm
- If you are interested, please register with our online application. sau84.org or email [email protected], (Director) [email protected] (Instructor)
Our Adult Education Literacy Services we will offer the following:
- ESL Workshops (August 2022)Brent Detamore [email protected]; Amalia Severa (instructors) [email protected]
- HiSET (formerly known as the GED) Prep Classes email Laura Clark [email protected]
- HiSET Official Exams (August 2022) email Dr. Susan Moberly [email protected] to set up your official exams.
The following procedures will be followed:
Everyone entering the building and attending classes may wear a mask, but it is not required.
You must use the Hugh J. Gallen Career Center parking lot and entrance.
- Attendance policy: Students are allowed to miss 1 class for each class they are scheduled in.
- Class hours: Every student must be in attendance for the entire class unless excused by the teacher. Students who leave without permission before class is dismissed will receive a zero for the session.
- Classwork policy: Work assigned is to be done during your session.
These procedures are to ensure that every student has the opportunity to learn and work in an environment of mutual respect for and consideration of everyone’s desire to be successful in this school.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the office at 603-444-5186, ext. 2208.
Rachelle S. Cox, M.Ed